Michael Eddins, M.D.
Dr. Michael Eddins is an ophthalmologist who is passionate about quality patient care and specializes in cataract surgery.
Dr. Eddins completed his undergraduate education at the University of Alabama, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry. Afterwards, he obtained his medical degree at the University of Alabama School of Medicine, and he completed his Ophthalmology residency at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
He is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, and the American Medical Association.
- 2017 Patient Safety/Quality Improvement – Decisional Capacity
- 2017 Patient Safety/Quality Improvement – Comparison of Applanation Tonometer Tips
- 2017 Grand Rounds – Medication-Induced Choroidal Effusions
- 2016 Patient Safety/Quality Improvement – Avoiding Preventable Errors in Outpatient Intravitreal Injections
- 2016 Oculoplastics Subspecialty Conference – Malpositioned Orbital Floor Plates
- 2015-2017 Provided yearly teaching session and hands-on training on the eye exam to MCW medical students
- 2015 Grand Rounds – Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- 2015 Patient Safety/Quality Improvement – Inpatient Management of Frequent Eye Drops
- 2014 Poster Presentation – Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, Baptist Health Systems
What do you love most about being an eye doctor/surgeon? I love being able to return sight to patients.
What career would you pursue if you weren’t in medicine? Art, likely glass carving
How do you like to spend your time away from the office? I enjoy spending time with friends and family, traveling, and playing poker.
Residency: Medical College of Wisconsin; Milwaukee, WI
Doctor of Medicine: University of Alabama Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Board Certified: American Board of Ophthalmology
Undergraduate: University of Alabama; Tuscaloosa, AL
- American Academy of Ophthalmology